What is Responsible Travel?
Responsible travel implements practices that are respectful of natural and social-cultural environments and contributes to local economic development. Responsible travel raises awareness about a traveler’s own impacts on the environment.
Responsible Travel Policy
PRO guides and employees deeply respect and care for the wonderful places we visit. As stewards of important rivers, our goal isn’t simply to be one of the most environmentally responsible tour operators in the world, but to continually raise the bar and challenge other companies to raise their standards as well. While our responsible travel policies and operator standards are a constant work in progress, our commitment to socially and environmentally-conscious travel has been a part of our foundation since the company’s inception in 2012.
What You Can Do
- Select adventure companies who practice responsible travel
- Choose vacations that are inherently low carbon-emitting
- Consider offsetting the carbon emissions you generate from traveling
Travelers Code of Conduct
- Respect native artifacts and leave them untouched
- Respect wildlife
- Respect cultural differences
- Reduce waste and leave no trace
- Respect the environment
- Utilize biodegradable products in the wilderness
- Support local vendors